At Harvard South Shore we cultivate the development of psychiatrists who are dedicated to evidence-based, compassionate, patient-centered care, innovative research, and global leadership. By mobilizing Harvard and VA resources, and drawing upon our diverse backgrounds, we generate a supportive environment for academic excellence that fosters superior clinical care and discovery.
Statement of Values written by the Mission Action Team, residents and Training Director.
- We strive to empower residents to reach their highest potential as physicians, as psychiatrists, and as human beings.
- We celebrate the diversity of our residents’ unique talents and passions, and encourage continued development of these individual strengths throughout their training.
- We are dedicated to serving our patients to the best of our abilities and providing them with exceptional care.
- We are dedicated to excellence in resident education.We foster the development of innovative leaders, teachers, and researchers.
- We encourage an open line of communication that welcomes resident feedback and collaborative problem solving.
- We nurture curiosity in that it fosters medical discovery and advancement of the field.We respect the dignity and support the well-being of our trainees.
- We celebrate the rich history of our supporting institutions, and utilize their considerable resources in order to provide a world-class curriculum.
- We aim to create a family that inspires one another and enjoys each other’s successes.